...why I'm GLAD that school is back in session:
10. I enjoy having a routine.
9. My children are learning...that thrills my heart.
8. It is so much easier to manage my part-time job.
7. We limit technology time during the school year so there is less television and less gaming.
6. I am better at planning and cooking meals for my family.
5. I feel more productive when we all get up and start our day early.
4. We are better about enforcing bedtime.
3. I am more likely to have coffee with a girlfriend.
2. My youngest son has to read aloud to us every day for homework, and he is very entertaining.
And the the number one reason why I'm glad school is back in session:
1. I get to spend Monday mornings alone with my husband - Hooray!
....why I'm SAD and/or MAD that school is back in session:
10. I have to get up early every day and I am not a morning person.
9. We drive 20 minutes in rush hour traffic to get to school.
8. The school parking lot is a nightmare.
7. I don't enjoy being the homework enforcer.
6. It's amazing how the boys appetite increases and they are constantly foraging!
5. No fun vacations during the school year.
4. The school parking lot is even worse at pick up time.
3. The boys don't know what to do with themselves without television and gaming and they usually don't appreciate the other options I suggest.
2. Did I mention how absolutely horrible the parking lot is?
And the number 1 reason why I'm sad school is back in session:
1. I just miss my boys!