Friday, July 30, 2010

On the Heavens AND Underneath




Deuteronomy 33: 26-27 "There is no one like the God of Jeshurun,
who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty.
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms...."


There is no one like our God. Riding on the heavens...and on the clouds. I love those high times, those mountain top experiences. Watching the light dance on blue sapphire waters. Knowing that God is at the center of all the beauty in our world. That he created so much for us to enjoy. He must delight in watching our jaws drop in awe at his design.

But....aren't you grateful for that word "underneath"?
This summer as we sailed across the Gulf of Mexico we watched the cruise channel that reported the winds, our speed and the depth of the water. At one point it read over 12,000 feet deep. 12,000...that's not a typo! And God is there in the depths underneath the surface of the water, underneath the surface of our lives. Down low...at the end of our rope...when life bottoms out....when things get dark....underneath are the everlasting arms. I need those strong arms upholding me today. I am resting in everlasting arms.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am very glad Lynn. Thank you for reminding me though! Love your blog.

Renee Scott said...

Wow ! What eye-opening comparison of UNDERNEATH! I love your wisdom and your vision and your amazing talent to share it. Thanks. I needed this. Love you.

DavidC said...

Good word baby. Thank you for reminding me of that. Are you going through something I don't know about?