Friday, July 18, 2008

charity : water

I've shamelessly added a global cause to my blog today.

Yesterday, my oldest son had a touch of something. A little flu bug, or something. No big deal. I actually said to him "I'm sorry you don't feel well this morning, but you have a strong healthy body and you'll feel better this afternoon." And he did.

While he was at home recovering, I went to the Y with my ipod. I listened to the story of Scott Harrison and how God rescued him from a self-indulgent life and planted in him a heart for the poor. 80% of the diseases facing these people are related to water. Mothers in these countries are not so cavalier about things like vomiting and diarrhea.

Anyway, I can't stop thinking about the fact that one in six people on our planet do not have clean water to drink. That 4,500 children died today due to water related diseases. I ordered a case of water.

I hope you'll check out charitywater.org All you have to do is click on the banner.

No comments: