Sunday, July 27, 2008

Here I Am (07/27 ministry time)

When we sing “Here I am” to the Lord, we are not expressing our geographical location…but our heart…our willingness…our faith in him.

There was a young woman in the Bible who expressed this so beautifully.
In Luke 1:38 the angel Gabriel had just delivered an amazing message to Mary…God’s word for her life…..and Mary responds…”I am the Lord’s servant may it be to me as you have said”…she is saying: Here I am Lord…I surrender to your plan…I say yes to you… I believe your word.

The Angel told her “Nothing is impossible with God” some manuscripts say “The Word of God will never fail”. When God speaks things have to happen. What is God’s word in your situation?

-Are you concerned about your finances?
Philippians 4:19 says my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

-Maybe you are struggling with sickness and wondering about this life…how much longer will you be on the planet?
Psalm 91:16 says with long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.

-There is probably someone reading this who feels broken on the inside; you have a mess in your mind and emotions…
Ps 23:3 simply says “He restores my soul”…he fixes me on the inside.

These are just a few examples of what God has spoken to us…what do we do with his words over our life?

I love what Mary does …verse 39 says she hurries…she runs… to Elizabeth. She goes to someone who also believes and is experiencing God’s word come to pass in her life.

No comments: