Wednesday, February 17, 2010

By Your Spirit

Today we pray that everything we do begin with God's inspiration, continue with his help and come to completion with his guidance. Such a great prayer as we consider how we will observe lent with our family.



I know it's not an accident that I read Glenn's blog on Tuesday and that I found the Praying Lent website, I feel like it is God breathed. But honestly I can slip so easily into gut this out and make it happen, today's prayer reminded me of God's message in Zech 4: 6 and I paraphrase: 'Not by Lynn's might nor by Lynn's power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty. I'm trusting the Holy Spirit to lead each step and praying that I'll really slow down and listen and soak in what he will say to us in this season. It is easier for me to "do" than to fully experience for myself.



We have some ideas and plans to do things we've never done before as a family and I know we will need God's help on the journey to see those things actually take place. That brings to mind Phil 4:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. If I can believe that God began this then I can trust that he will see it through. I know that if I trust him and lay down my agenda, otherwise known as surrender, there will be beauty and not striving.



It's funny how I can move so quickly from "I really want to soak in and draw near" to "I should blog everyday and share and...and...get far to busy to sit and soak". Oh me! Pull back the reins on Lynn's work, relax and let God work!




If you are interested in learning more and actively participating in Lent this year visit this website of daily Lenten Prayers and Scripture Readings

No comments: