Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's Hot in Texas!

Hello! It's only June and we are setting records here. 97, 98, 99, 100? When it gets that hot, does it really matter what the exact number is? And can you tell the difference between 98 and 99? Or 99 and 100? Hot is hot! One degree is actually just a slight shift, a small change.

There is a verse in 2 Corinthians 3:18 where Paul says we are being transformed from glory to glory to become more like Christ. Yes! I want to be more like Jesus....from glory to glory. Cool. But how does this transformation happen? How about a magical wave of some God-wand? Poof! You are like Jesus now! I like that idea! The amplified Bible says "from one degree of glory to another" Gee. From 97 to 98. Or from 71 to 72. Not so dramatic these one degree shifts.

I feel like God is telling me to be patient. He is patient. It seems he's after a slow and steady change. From one degree to another. I wonder if I even feel the significance of those changes in my life? Lord, help me to appreciate the slight shifts you are working in me! And remind me to look back over the seasons of my life. Winter to Spring.....Spring to Summer. You are transforming me.

1 comment:

DavidC said...

That is really enlightening. I trust we are indeed becoming more like Him even if only by one degree.