Saturday, June 7, 2008

Why am I Blogging?

Good question. I've been thinking about it for a long time. I have an amazing friend who is an avid blogger. She inspires me. You can visit her here.


Last week, my husband was telling me about a podcast by Greg Boyd about living in the moment. Being more aware of God's presence. That same night when we were at the pool with the boys, David handed me his ipod "You've got to listen to this". I love my man! Something just clicked. God is speaking but I don't always notice or if I do, I forget too soon. The post-it notes become wallpaper. What can I do to entrench these thoughts or ideas or wonderings deeper into my psyche?


I remembered a brief email sent out a few weeks ago by Pastor Mike. He said he was challenged to start blogging again as a spiritual discipline. I had never thought of that before.


But, there you go - things that I take the time to write tend to stick a little longer.

No comments: