Friday, August 15, 2008

A New Song

I love to learn new songs for worship. Something fresh. A song that says what I've heard in my heart but never quite found a way to express. We've learned a powerful song recently called Unrestrained by Calvin Nowell. You can visit Calvin's Website and download the song for free! You gotta love that! Believe me, you need to hear this song. You'll love it!


I get excited when I see a song I love on the set list for a service. But, occasionally, we learn a song that ummmm, I just don't connect with. I've been singing in church for just a few years. And sometimes it can feel like we end up doing the same songs over and over and over again. I want something fresh, remember? This whole pattern was shaken in me a few years ago when I read The Fear of the Lord by John Bevere. John shared the verse in Isaiah 6:3 where in a vision Isaiah sees the throne room of heaven and God's angels crying out to each other "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." Listen to what John wrote: "These mighty, awesome angels are not bored or restless: they are not merely singing nice songs. They do not say, "God, I have been singing this song before your throne for millions of years...." They are not wondering, like me, when can we do a new song? John goes on..."These spectacular angels...are responding to what they see. Every moment...they glimpse another facet and a greater dimension of God's glory being revealed. Overwhelmed, they shout, "Holy, holy, holy!" Whoa....


What an inspiring idea....to worship the Lord....and continuously experience a new level of glory. Not fresh lyrics, or fresh melodies...but fresh glory. Let it be on earth, here in our worship, as it is in Heaven!

No comments: