Monday, August 4, 2008

A Sweet Aroma

2 Cor 2:14 "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. "

I'm not sure where that sweet aroma was today....I don't think it was manifest well through me. There was more of a cartoon-like putrid green cloud that followed me around. What happened?

It seems like Paul is sharing this thought on the heels of relationship repair. Forgiveness. Reconciliation of one who had brought pain to the family there in Corinth and to Paul himself. Paul instructs them to stop pouring on guilt and pour on the love!

There is great triumph in forgiveness.

Maybe I have more to forgive. There always seems to be more to let go of. Ah-ha. I let go, that frees me to follow where He leads and when I am no longer holding on to the past I can raise my hands in triumph. Something to ponder....

Paul goes on in verse 16 to ask "Who is adequate for these things?" Not me....I...stink.

But listen to this from chapter 3: "Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God."

We will be worshipping with our Shoreline East family on August 9th and this verse is my prayer for that service. That right there by the railroad tracks we would experience the sweet fragrance of knowing Jesus. I know I can't make that happen. But I believe He can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember what I said yesterday, but today the statement that says to put guilt but something to the effect to put on love or to show love is appropriate. I am proud of you and what you do and who you are. You have such a good heart. There is an anionting on this and how God is using you in praise and worship. Wish we could be there to hear you lead praise and worship. Dad!

Lynn Marie Cherry said...

Thank you Daddy!
We'll be at shoreline east again this Saturday...it is such a special place!